Pages

Thursday 15 August 2013

New L'Oreal Skin Perfection Skin Care Range

When I ventured into Boots a few weeks ago to pick up a new tube of La Roche Posay Effeclar Duo, I did not expect to be leaving with 4/5 of the new L'Oreal Skin Perfection range.

I'm not ashamed to say i'm product junkie, but the hot pink packaging did suck me in! *now I hang my head in shame*. 




I have to admit that this range will be the first time I have bought nearly a whole collection, without trying one out on its own first, before rushing off to buy the rest... but hey! I guess I was feeling lucky, and I had confidence in L'Oreal, (for good reason as well!). I hadn't read any reviews on these, so I literally stood in front of them in Boots for 30 minutes reading the info, testing the samples and staring at the gorgeousness that is the packaging.

This new range is designed for younger skin aged between 20-30, and is based around perfecting your skin quality - hence the name! L'Oreal state that the whole range is based around 3 main dimensions; Tone, Texture, Pores - so basically perfected skin. It is suitable for every skin type and ethnicity, and it is just awesome! 


The L'Oreal website says that: "in your 20's and 30's your skin is still young but not always perfect. Stress, fatigue and an unbalanced lifestyle can affect skin quality causing irregularities to appear: imperfections, enlarged pores and an uneven skin texture". 


My skin has been at its worst the past few weeks so after pondering for a while and testing the samples over and over, I gave in and purchased 4/5 of the range! You got me L'Oreal!! *claps hands*. 



Correcting Day Moisturiser - RRP £14.99 but currently £9.99 at Boots!
Now I know this may sound bold but this moisturiser has to be the best moisturiser I have ever tried for this inexpensive price! 
It comes in the most beautiful glass tub that looks so luxurious and expensive, and the product itself is so thick and creamy in the tub but does not sit into your pores at all and it is lightweight on your skin. It's a good sized 50ml tub and the formula is non-comedogenic, which means that it is suitable for all ethnicities and skin types! I have combination to oily skin and it works wonders on my skin - and does not make me overly oily at all!
L'Oreal state that by using this moisturiser, pores look virtually undetectable, skin feels silky-soft and the tone of your skin looks more even - & I have to say that I agree! This is a holy grail product for me & I would recommend it to everyone! 


Advanced Correcting Serum - RRP £19.99 but currently £13.33 at Boots! 

I've never been a fan of serums before and my past skincare regimes haven't really included them - however, this is an exception! It is true what it says on the packaging; my skin has never felt so instantly soft! I find myself now looking forward to applying this twice a day. 
My opinion is similar to that of the moisturiser in that it is also lightweight on the face and it also looks a lot more expensive that it is.
It comes in a 30ml bottle but you only need a couple of pumps to cover your whole face. 


The L'Oreal website states that the serum is "a powerful formula enriched with Perline - P and patented LR 2412 ... it helps transform the appearance of skin quality, as if perfected. Designed to penetrate through the skin's epidermis layers". 

Again, I would recommend this product to anyone, as it is also suitable for every skin type etc. 


Awakening & Correcting Eye Cream - RRP £12.99 but currently £8.66 at Boots!

Whilst, I still think this is one of the better eye creams I have used; out of the four products I bought, this has to be my least favourite. It is still an amazing product and it does exactly what it says it does - I just find myself being more excited about the others?!
My eyes aren't one of the worst features on my face, so they have never really bothered me much, but if it is going to prevent under eye bags and wrinkles from appearing in the near future, and it conceals any dark circles that I may have after a stressful week, then it's a winner for me.
It is slightly tinted - they call it a 'universal shade'. This product brightens and illuminates my under eye area and i'm fairly light so i'm not sure how it would look on those with darker skin but it is the only shade available so I don't think it would be a problem - otherwise L'Oreal would have created more shades right?

The L'Oreal website states that this product; "helps transform the appearance of the eye contour, as if perfected. Dark circles, eye bags and fine lines appear reduced .... The tinted, refreshing eye cream brightens and illuminates tired-looking eyes". 

Again, I have to admit that I agree with L'Oreal (this isn't boring you is it?) it does exactly what it says it does and I am extremely happy with the results - especially for the price! 


Magic Touch Instant Blur - RRP £12.99 but £8.66 at Boots! 

This product is a holy grail item for me. I LOVE love love anything that is like a 'base' for make up and smooths my skin texture and hides my pores; which is exactly what this product is!
Again, it is tinted the 'universal shade' but if you are using it as a base for your foundation etc. then it doesn't matter if it is too light or too dark - but i've found it is perfect on my sister, my mum and I, and we are all different shades in make up. 
You literally need the tiniest amount to cover your face, I'm talking like a pea or even smaller! It is so lightweight but yet thick, and it makes your skin feel incredible. I couldn't stop feeling my face just after i applied this, and you would do the same!
I have redness around my T-zone and as soon as i applied this, it was covered; i really did not need to add foundation etc. 

The L'Oreal website says that; "
Enriched with Optical Blur Polymers the formula optically blurs the appearance of shine, pores and irregularities for a soft-focus finish ... The velvety cream works with your complexion to enhance your natural skin tone. Excellent base for make-up". 

Again, I agree with L'Oreal (you knew it was coming right?!) ... I have combination to oily skin and I found that I did not have to re-powder my t-zone in the day when I normally would, and the pores around my nose were fully covered!

The only product out of the range that I did not purchase was the BB cream purely because I wasn't that excited over it, I am yet to find a BB cream that I like, and I am loving my foundation at the moment ... but you never know, it may make an appearance on here in the next month or so. 

How I use these products; 

Morning; (after cleansing) 
1. Awakening and Correcting Eye Cream
2. Advanced Serum 
3. Correcting Day Moisturiser
4. Magic Touch Instant Blur 

Night; (after cleansing)
1. Awakening and Correcting Eye Cream 
2. Advanced Serum
3. A different night time moisturiser

*(A full morning and night skincare routine to come...)*

So to summarise; 
Inexpensive? - Yes. 
Brilliant and awesome? - Yes. 
Does it do what it states it would do? - Yes. 
Would I recommend? - Yes.
Would I repurchase? - Yes. For many years to come. 

Steph xoxo















3 comments:

  1. Great review, want to try! I like your blog :)
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award - follow this link to my blog, the rules will be there for the questions you have to answer :) Don’t forget to to tell me when you have.
    http://365shades.blogspot.co.at/2013/08/first-things-first-i-was-tagged-by.html
    Enjoy! – xx Katja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I have followed you :)
    Shelley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossip and web stuff and this is actually frustrating. A good site with interesting content, that is what I need. Thank you for making this web site, and I’ll be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    almond face scrub Lahore
    almond face scrub Lahore

    ReplyDelete